Monday, December 13, 2010

The Pirates Returns!


I remember when the pirates of the Caribbean first came out in 2003. I was a senior in high school and my friends wanted everyone to go see Jeepers Creepers 2! Which was really creepy in fact, but in the middle of the movie I went to go to the bathroom from consuming so much soda. I saw the movie Pirates of the Caribbean down the hall of the movie theatre and I decided to go check it out. The name has a nice theme catch to it, but I didn’t expect too much from this movie because truthfully it was a Disney movie. Nothing to say bad about Disney, it was just that I didn’t want to be notice going into a kiddy movie by my friends. When I sat in that movie I notice that the movie had just started and when I start watching it, I seriously could not get up. The movie was that good and when the movie was over my friends waited in the hall for me to see me coming out of a Disney movie. They laugh and ask me why did I leave the movie we originally came to see for a Disney movie. I couldn’t really explain how I ended up watching the pirates of Caribbean but, I was not ashamed to admit that this was really a great movie. Every since then I have been a total fan of the pirates of the Caribbean movie starring Johnny Depp. There is no surprise that he performs so well in this movie but I really feel like his role, as Captain Jack Sparrow was the most fitting role he can ever play. After the sequel followed by the trilogy I started learning a lot more about the movie, cast, and Disney who was really profiting off these movies. Rob Marshall, the director, was very good, but its the writers to whom I truly give props to, Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio. Pirates of the Caribbean was originally a Disneyland theme ride at the theme parks.  They were asked to put together a sequence of movies all about this single theme ride at different Disneyland Parks and they pull it off well. According to the Internet movie database Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio develop a pretty good reputation in writing movies. Movies like Shrek, Aladdin, and one of my favorites Mask of Zorro where some of their masterpiece that was very impressive work, Now Disney is giving them another great masterpiece. They are currently coming out with the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 called "On Strange Tides", where Capt. Jack Sparrow seeks the legendary fountain of youth! Everyone is concern on how well will this movie make on its release day and will it do better or worse than the last movies. The movie releases May 20th 2011 giving us a splendid action, adventure, and fantasy ride and I’m excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment